Ambassador SchoolsYST Ambassador Schools
To unite a movement of schools that will support YST to advocate the power of PE, SS and PA to impact on wider school achievement.
- Could this be your school?
- Are you the ‘best of the best’ for putting PE at the heart of your school?
- Do you fully believe in the power of PE, SS and PA to impact positively on wider school outcomes?
Momentum is building around the importance of our subject in the following areas:
- young people’s declining physical and emotional wellbeing
- Ofsted’s increasing focus on the breadth, balance and intent of the curriculum
- the relationship between physical activity / physical fitness and cognitive function / children’s engagement or performance in the classroom.
In order to harness this opportunity we believe we need to ‘turn up the dial’ on what can be done, and indeed is being achieved through PE and sport. We want to, once again, shine a light again on some of the most pioneering schools, and courageous school leaders who are putting PE, sport and physical activity at the heart of the education process and in doing so are achieving better outcomes for young people.
If you would like to be considered to become one of our first ‘pilot’ YST Ambassador Schools.
We are looking to galvanise a network of schools who can work with us on innovation, sharing practice and importantly re-building the evidence base for the impact of PE and sport on school improvement through:
- leadership and strategy
- school culture and ethos
- teaching and learning
- behaviour and wellbeing and
- pupil/student progress and achievement.
How do I get involved?
Fill in the expression of interest form by following this link.
Got a query? Contact Alison Woodworth-Sturla: firstname.lastname@example.org