Through exploring the activities on the Active Leaders resource cards, delegates will be introduced to a wide variety of exercises that they can use to embed leadership behaviours within their PE lessons and lunchtime and after school activities, as well as developing a leadership pathway for the continued development of leadership behaviours in their school. Following attendance at a face to face training session, delegates will have time to create or develop their leadership pathway.
Outcomes and impact for the practitioner:
- An understanding of the link between PE and the development of leadership behaviours through ‘Learning to Lead’.
- An opportunity to reflect on the importance of establishing a clear leadership pathway through increased understanding of the Leadership Ladder.
- Practical ideas and solutions to embed leadership across the school using PE, physical activity and school sport.
Outcomes and impact for the children:
- Experience high quality PE lessons that are appropriate to their ability but challenge them to constantly improve, regardless of their age or ability.
- Understand the Leadership Pathway that is accessible within their own school and during transition into secondary school.
This training is available at the discounted price of £1125.00 for YST Member Schools and £650.00 for Cluster Coordinators at the point of sign-up - after this point the cost is £1125.00.